Monday, November 2, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane...



Where do I begin my friends...I guess I should say I'm starting to feel settled into my new home.  Sure I have things here and there that need to be rearranged or set in place.  I have moved things around from all the photos that I did a few weeks ago.  I still have stacks of books in my library.  My DH and I have been working hard.  He was home this weekend and we spent our time rearranging the whole family room.  It took a lot of time and I couldn't decide what was exactly the right thing.  Truth be told I liked the furniture arrangement before.  Alas, I still have my beloved reading nook and the TV armoire isn't the first thing you see when you come in the door so that's a good thing.





the view out my backyard


This little house is the one I grew up in, except imagine it will life inside and out, bushes in the front, hanging baskets and cute little shutters, that little bedroom window on the right was mine.

On a personal note I have been happy having family close by.  I have been able to spend some time shopping with one of my sisters and going to see my dear Aunt Princess.  She has been so great.  She is 89 but calls to ask if I need anything almost everyday.  I love her so much.  Being around the area where I grew up and then coming home so to speak is comforting and strange all at the same time.  I love it here, I forgot how pretty our little town looks with all the row houses and trees in the fall.  At Christmas they all have the candles in the window.  However, I am lonely though without my mom, feels like something is missing.  I can feel her presence here so much more than living other places.  I guess that's due to the familiar places and things we did together.  I went to a local dept. store the other day walking down the isle to look for a dress for my daughter and thought the last time I walked in here I was with her.  That would have probably been 3 years ago.  You know when you move away for 19 years you aren't usually back there for any length of time.  I still don't really know my way around.  My driving experience here is limited to ages 16-18 so not much of anything.  I was the kinda girl who drove to school rarely and went to the mall and movies once in awhile.  LOL! Those were the days.  Things have changed so much since I left it makes it downright difficult to get around.  The kids are settling into a school routine and like their teachers.  I had to laugh when my DD complained about a strict art teacher and come to find out I had him too! Wow, I'm not so young, it's surprising he is still teaching.  I would love to go visit my old 6th grade teacher, she inspired me to become a teacher,  I remember we were her very first class.  I don't know how she did it, she had a very difficult student who was a bit of a class clown.  She is still at my daughters school too. 


Well, if you haven't had a chance scroll back down and leave me a comment about my blog to be entered in my give away.  You have until Friday and then I will pick a winner! Surprise, surprise!!  I have many more pictures and recipes, shopping finds and things to share with you too.

Have a great day! 
Carey

5 comments:

  1. Carey, so glad your settling in nicely, and school is going well, that is so important. I've been there, I uprooted my two and placed them in 2 new school systems, I praise God, it has worked out so far. Being around family is just so important, in my mind, family is all you really have in this world that is truly precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you should have warned that we'd need kleenex for that one. :) It's so fun that your daughter has the same art teacher as you. I hope you continue to feel settled in and at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that you will all continue to adjust well and get used to being "home" again.

    You're dining area in your header looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dining area.
    Glad to hear that you are getting settled in your new home and the kids in new school.
    Thanks for sharing you memory lane. I truly enjoyed it and I also needed a kleenex.!!!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes on re-establishng your life in your home town. It does have to be a stroll down memory lane every day.

    jleibfried@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete