Monday, November 9, 2009

Prim Shopping in IN



Good morning! I got this little picture at a store in Cambridge City just down the road from my house.  It's called the Pour House.  They serve delicious homemade soups, breads and desserts there too.  I loved their store.  The prices were reasonable.  I bought a wreath, sampler and runner too.   I love the wreath because it matches my other little pumpkin garlands.  I loved what the sampler said it spoke to me.  I didn't get to go to Cows in the Creek that I've heard so much about from Mercantile Gatherings but it was closed, next time.  I may head out there this week again to see if I can catch it open!  My sister and I went to a pretty nice antique mall there too.  It was such a fun day.  I look forward to many more outings.  I have 3 sisters who live close by and 2 of them are really into decorating their homes like me.  My sister Debbie has a beautiful home, maybe I can talk her into some pictures sometime.  She likes more victorian things.  I think a good way to describe her is country victorian.  My sister Deanna likes primitives like me.  We have very similiar tastes.  We have such fun when we're get together. 



my new wreath


the crow runner



This runner is from G & G country crafts in Richmond.  I went there on Friday.  She has a cute little shop and I was glad to find it as it's not far from my house at all.  Her shop put me in the mood to decorate for Christmas.  There has been so many articles and blogs about that lately.  I have to ask when do you decorate for Christmas?  I tend to get started the day or so after Thanksgiving and then have it done by the end of the week.  It takes me awhile because I have so many totes full of decorations.  It's overwhelming to do all at once.   I really like to enjoy it so my live tree usually stay up until shortly after the 1st and my snowmen stay out till February.  All the rest of the Christmas things get put away by New Years.  I'm starting to make plans for the outside.  I can just see a rope of garland on my white fence on the front porch with a few icicle lights hanging down, candles in the window and wreaths with big plaid bows.  Very exciting indeed!

Leave me a comment about when you are decorating this year.

Carey

Amy, I would love to mail out your give away so email me.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Csrey,
    Just found your blog through The Pickled Pepper Patch. I saw you went to Cambridge City. You stated it wasn't far from you house. I live in Knightstown, IN, just down Route 40. I have been to the antique mall on the corner many times. I am so happy to meet someone close by. I gather you haven't lived there long since your "about you" states Illinois.

    Going to go back and read more of your blog. Welcome to Indiana.

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I just realize that I spelled your name wrong and didn't catch it before I posted.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get started on Christmas decorating right after Thanksgiving. I don't go out into the mad rush of shoppers. I stay home, turn on some Christmas music and start decorating.

    I love your new wreath and runner!

    ReplyDelete