Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pottery Barn Flag Copycat

Hello Bloggers!  I know it's past 4th of July but I couldn't resist doing this project.  Between work and technical difficulties it took my DH and I about a week.  I think it could be done over the period of a day allowing paint to dry etc. I was first inspired by Kindra,At Home with K . Then I saw that Susan, Between Naps on the Porch also did one for her porch.  I kept thinking I can do this!! From Pottery Barn this flag will set you back $129 not exactly what I want to spend. 





I'm still playing around with the mantle, maybe tweak it a little.  I can see a more summer display with watermelon or farm type things.  I may add in my sunflowers.  I usually bring those out in August. 




I used my Clean White for the stripes and other red, blue paint I had on hand.  I ended up using two different blues and the star was a stamp from a collection called God Bless America.  I love how my stars are not quite perfect.  I lightly stained the red, and blue field areas and sanded a little bit.  Other than the Lathe this project was around $8, gotta love that!  For exact directions check out the other blogs above.  I modified mine a bit, the field area was 15 inches.  My version is a little bit bigger than the other bloggers and smaller than PB version. My DH measured off all the stars for me and we made a pattern so I would know exactly where to put the center of each star.

So whatcha think?

Carey


3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Anytime is a great time to display our patriotic and Americana things. :)

    Blessings, Jessica
    blessingsinthecountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great job Carey. I love DIY projects.. especially when they save a whole lot of $$$

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did great! It is really awesome, and you have the pride of knowing you made it (and saved all that money!). Love it!

    Mary
    Redo 101

    ReplyDelete