Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A lot to Be Thankful For...

Hello blogging friends, this weekend I had a wonderful time with my sister.  I didn't spend too much as my DH has been having transmission trouble with his truck.  So I wanted to play it safe.  I did buy chenille candy canes that were aged and a cinnamon clove candle.  I'll show you those later. I wanted to get this small pie keeper.  I think that's what you would call it the sides had screens and a lot of vendors had flickering tealights or candles in them.  My sister bought a red wooden box which she plans to put some greens inside.  It was a wonderful show.  I didn't take pictures because it was inside a 4H barn and really dark.  Sometimes you aren't allowed to take them either. 




My thoughts over the last two days have turned to my family.  We found out last week that my son who had chronic leg pain has something called transient synovitis of the hip.  It was a huge relief because it could have been a lot more serious.  He had 2 MRI's all told and the 2nd one showed a reduction in fluid around the hip.  Basically, his body when he was sick at some point starts making antibodies to protect itself and then in children fluid accumulates around the hip.  This was causing his mysterious leg pain.  Interesting, how the body does things for us that sometimes causes us pain.  He is much better now and the leg pain is all gone. 
I'm very Thankful that he is ok and it's nothing more serious.

I'm thankful for...



my son


Then on Monday my husband had surgery to fix his Tachycardia.  He had an ablasion to correct his heart from racing from time to time.  His last episode really scared him and this procedure will protect him from having further damage to his heart in the future.  This recovery rate is longer the older you get.  I brought him home yesterday and I was really worried about him.  He is doing well and is not having any problems.  Again, I told you I had a lot to be thankful for. 



my daughter and my husband


Thanksgiving blessings to your family,
Carey


6 comments:

  1. Carey,
    May you and your family have a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving. I will keep your son and husband in my prayers.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful praise reports on both your son and your hubby. Happy Thanksgiving Carey to you and your entire family.
    Warm Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news about your son and hubby.
    Prayers for continuing healing.
    Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Carey. I'm so glad your son and husband are doing well. I actually know all about ablation, and so happy for y'all his procedure went well. Blessings to all!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your boys are on the mend. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy to hear that your family is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete