Friday, November 20, 2009

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

It's time to start thinking about dessert for Thanksgiving.  While I like to stick with my Amish Apple Pie recipe that I already shared with you  I think this is an interesting twist on a classic pumpkin pie.  A great way to use up that jar of apple butter from the fall too.




Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

 


 


Ingredients:

1 cup apple butter
1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Combine apple butter, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices in a bowl. Stir in eggs. Gradually add milk and mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
Cook’s Notes:
-If the crust begins to burn, place tin foil around the crust and lower the temperature of the oven.
-A tasty topping for this pie is praline pecans.

recipe courtesy of Paula Deen

Happy Thanksgiving and be sure to check out Colleen's blog for other holiday yummies!

Carey

3 comments:

  1. Ok.. i'm making this pie this weekend. I have all ingredients.. Thanks Carey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try that pie this weekend, and if my family loves it I will make one the night before Thanksgiving. I looks yummy!!

    Also your dining room is just so beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing
    God Bless friend,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! Another Paula recipe. Even though Thanksgiving is over with, I may try this because I have some apple butter just sitting in the fridge that needs to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete