Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Sneak Peek and Two Recipes to Try!



My version of Pumpkin cupcakes
Notice the candy corn kiss in the center?

Click here for Martha's version






I couldn't resist baking for this face when he missed his party/parade at school and had pains in his leg. I think it worked because it's much better now and all his bloodwork came back good.  Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.




I couldn't resist trying these yummy Brownie Pillow Cookies! I got this from freebie in the mail from Southern Living.  I looked for these online but have trouble finding them.  If anyone wants the exact recipe I'll email it to you.  However, it's really easy, take your favorite brownie mix.  I used Hershey's with the Syrup.  Then bake according to the directions.  Let cool completely.  While the brownies are in the oven get started on the cookies.  Take your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and make it or cheat and use the store bought dough too! LOL! Then chill it for an hour.  When the brownies are done cooling cut them to be about 2 X 2 in size, pretty small.  Put about 1/4 cup of chilled dough on your sheet and put your brownie inside, add more dough to cover the top and try to cover your brownie up.  I added a little bit less and had good results.  I wanted these giant cookies to be done even though your brownie is already cooked.  I baked them for about 18-20 min. at 350 degrees.  Let them cool for a few minutes before attempting to take them off.  Use a cooling rack.  They are ooey gooey and moist on the inside.  They only make about 12 cookies and you should only put 6 on a sheet. 

Happy baking!
Carey

Sneak peak for tomorrow, one lucky winner will get this... and something else.





3 comments:

  1. Sounds Scrumptious!! I love baking with my kiddo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your son's test came back good! What yummy treats you baked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you say YUMMO?!?!? Now, I am hungry for something sweet!! LOL!! BTW, can't wait until tommorow!!

    Hugs!! Carrie♥

    ReplyDelete