Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreaming of a New White Laundry Room

Good morning, my husband has been working on my laundry room over the holidays and the past few weeks.  We have walls now and are working on the dry wall.  You may remember my Laundry Room Dilemma post if you've been with me awhile.  I've been back and forth on this for awhile.  There really isn't a good place to put our shoes and wet clothes, school bags etc. 



How it looks today, this is what you see when you walk into the side door, ugh!


It will be awhile before the big reveal.  Meanwhile, I have turned my attention to the decorating (the fun part) Because this will be in my basement I don't want too dark, dreary colors.  The look I'm going for is more of a mix between old, new and Fresh, Clean, and  White.  I have a few antiques that I've been saving for some time.  I have old fashioned shoes stretchers, washboards, irons, ironing board and a large washtub.  I plan on putting it on the wall facing when you come into the room.  I think that will make it more prominent like that's what I'm using to wash clothes.  Plus because of plumbing issues the other wall has to contain my modern Washer and Dryer.

Some dreamy inspirations...






 
Love the sawbuck white folding table in the middle!
 
 

So cheerful!




I liked the use of baskets here and the functionable hanging rack



However, all that being said it needs to have function.  My hubby plans on making me a free standing drying rack for all those sweaters that will have a built in box fan.  It will be hidden inside a cabinet.  I can't wait to see what he comes up with! I also want some type of closed storage along with a place to fold my clothes. 

What do you think?  If you could start from scratch what would be on your wishlist? What do you think makes your laundry room function well?  Is there anything that you couldn't live without?  I'd love to hear from you.

Don't forget about my give away!  You can still sign-up here!

Blessings,
Carey

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a more functional laundry room!

    Mine is teeny, tiny so I don't have much room for anything except the washer and dryer! I do want to add cabinets and a rod to hang clothes on - I hope to do that soon!

    Can't wait to see your finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to brighten up my laundry area! Wonderful pics. I think storage is a big key in a laundry room. I have a small closet in mine and just love it.

    ReplyDelete