Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankgiving Blessings

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving I know we did here at our house.  For the first time I was able to cook, host and eat in my own home.  I think that makes it pretty special.  I am so thankful for my family this year. 

I am in the process of decorating for Christmas.  Be patient with me.  I will have tons of new pictures in a week or so.  My husband and I worked on the outside a little last week and I am finishing it up a little at a time.  I still need to put my wreaths in the windows.  I have a lot of windows so I may need to get more wreaths.  I know I will be buying garland for sure this week.  I need to really clean everything before putting out my Christmas primitives.  My husband has had a fire going in our wood fireplace daily and he cleaned it out and soot was everywhere.  While it makes the house cozy and warm, heat not kicking on as much, it sure does make a mess of everything. 

Here's my favorite picture of my kids with my Aunt Princess







This was a centerpiece for our appetizer cheeseball.  My daughter made this pretty much by herself.  I was so proud of her.  We got the idea from Sandra Lee and I thought it turned out great.  We used leaf shaped cookie cutters and overlapped them.  The dough is a can of  biscuits.  We used an egg wash and some sugar with a little pumpkin pie spice.  The cheeseball was a pumpkin cheeseball mix.  We also made a artichoke cheese dip inside the little pumpkins.  It was huge hit!  She was pretty proud of herself too.







She also was in charge of decorating the table.  I helped a little bit, but she made the placecards with some of my scrapbook supplies.  Everyone thought she did a great job.  My son helped my husband with one of his favorite dishes and he also helped peel apples for my pie.  I can't leave him out because he is a great helper too.  I just didn't snap any pictures.  Here's a sneak peek of what's to come!




Blessings to you and your family!
Carey

P.S.  If anyone can help me change my background for Christmas I would love some help.  I followed the directions from the cutest little blog like last time and it didn't work.  I've tried it many times and it never shows up when I view it.  I am not using firefox or have an out of date browser so I'm not sure?? Help, please.

5 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving sure looked special at your house! I'll be looking forward to your Christmas decorating too. And it's so nice to know that you're taking the "slow and steady" approach as well. I feel like it takes me forever with all of my little helpers around ;)

    As for the background ... Did you copy the entire code? Sometimes I miss a bit at the end and then it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving looked so nice!! Very warm and inviting!!
    I had a hard time changing my background to Christmas...I guess I deleted the wrong widget thinking it was my old background code. Make sure you delete your old background code and copy the entire code and click save. I can't wait to see more pics!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter did a wonderful job with the cooking and decorating! It sounds like you guys had such a great Thanksgiving :) I hope you figure out how to put the Christmas background up. I think what the previous posters have mentioned is a good idea. Can't wait to see the Christmas decor pics. We are still recovering from Thanksgiving over here...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Robyn! I got it to work finally.

    ReplyDelete