Friday, January 8, 2010

Yummy Taco Soup will Warm You Up




Here's a quick recipe for some Taco Soup for Fix It and Forget It  One of the things I love about this cookbook is it calls for few ingredients, and the ease of throwing things together.  I also love that there are 2-3 three of the same recipes on a page.  They are each slightly different.  For example there were 4 different taco soups.  If you don't like one you can try another! It's so easy and I love to brown up a bunch of meat ahead of time stash it in the frig to pull out and dump into the crockpot.  My whole family loves this recipe minus my son he's kinda picky.  I like to serve it with sour cream, cheddar cheese and fritos!

My mother in law found these sweet Holly dishes on clearance at Kroger for a really low price!!!  I couldn't get over how pretty they were for the price.  They say Holiday Time on the bottom and they are dishwasher and microwave safe.  I don't think they say Christmas at all.  Isn't she the sweetest?










Stop by Colleen's Blog for more recipes!


Taco Soup with Pinto Beans

serves 10-12

1lb. ground beef
1 large onion
3 14 oz. cans pinto beans
1 14 oz. can tomates with green chilies
1 can chopped tomotoes
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 pkg. dry Taco Seasoning
15 1/4 oz. can corn, drained

1.  Brown beef and onions in skillet.  Drain.
2.  Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
3.  Cover.  Cook on low for 4 hours or until ingredients are heated through.

** I make a few substitutions to meet my families needs.  I don't put as many cans of beans and I like the Fiesta corn in mine.

Enjoy!

Carey



5 comments:

  1. Yummo! I make one almost identical but with diced chicken instead. Thsi reminds me that I need to make it soon!

    LOVE the dishes!! You can use them all year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's almost the same recipe i use.got it from gooseberry patch. my son doesn't like it either. also love your dishes.my daughter would like those,her name is Holly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taco soup sounds good. Carey, I have the matching bowls in white! I bought them for .62 each. I cleared Krogers out. I couldn't believe the price either. The bowls are a little on the plain side (which I like) so I feel I can use them anytime of year. They are deep, and perfect for Taco Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dishes ... and the soup recipe!

    Stay warm and snug this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness girl, I have that same cookbook :) But I have never made that recipe. It looks great. AND....we have a Krogers over here and I saw those same dishes and some snowflake glasses. I ended up buying the snowflake glasses though instead. They were on clearance for 63 cents!! That's a steal :)

    ReplyDelete