Monday, January 4, 2010

Make-Over Monday

Here's a quick before and after that my hubby and I worked on over Christmas break.  He bought it for me through a silent auction for $3 and I bought the shades on ebay for 30.  So here is my new chandelier for my kitchen for only $33!!!!  I love a bargain. 

It was kinda of a dark rusty color with some texture but it reminded me of more southwest than country so I decided on black and these cute red/white gingham shades really make it pop.  I just sprayed on several coats of a satin black color. Then my husband hung it up for me. I thought about looking for some candle looking drip sleeves but decided this would do for now.  Now, I just need a farmhouse table to go under it, do you hear that honey??

Before




This is what we had in our kitchen before, you can see it right hanging in front of our huge tree.



Before it was painted



After




Hope you enjoyed my little make-over now only one more light to go in this room.  Got any ideas for me? You can see it looming in the background.  My sister suggested painting it too but I just don't thing the styles go together.  We'll see..stay tuned I'll be back soon some frosty white decorations to show you.

Carey

11 comments:

  1. Now that's my kind of makeover, Carey! What a beauty.

    Perhaps your other light would be more appealing if it were painted black as well. The colors would coordinate eventhough the styles don't exactly match...

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover! I really like the little shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light looks great ~ I'm a fan of black paint! The shades are so cute, and look nice against your cabinets! I have to agree with Colleen and your sister, I think you should paint the other light black also...Thanks for sharing your makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inexpensive makeover!!!:0) I too agree painting the other light fixture black would look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the makeover Carey. Here's a suggestion if you want to change the light. I think a flat ceiling light in either brushed nickle or black would look good along with your new light. Two different looks but they would go good together.
    Let us know what you decide.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your light looks great!! Gotta love what a little flat black spray paint can do. Your little shades look cute as well. Hope you are staying warm and enjoying your new home.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the makeover...as for the other light, a smaller tin cone light would look awesome. If not, paint it and maybe change the glass globes if possible?
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fantastic! You did a great job!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and love it. What a great makeover!!!! You did a great job.

    I am a follower now, it seems we love the same things. I hope you can hop over to my blog and join in the fun I have going on this year!!!

    Blessings to you and your family,
    Tricia

    Hillcrest Home Prims

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great makeover! Those shades are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete