Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spice Shelf Makeover







Hello, I just wanted to share a quick before and after of a little spice drawer that I made over. I had been looking at this for awhile now and thinking I should paint it. I bought it at a craft show many years ago and it's oak but I just wanted something more prim. I just sanded it and painted it black, then rubbed on a few layers of old century New England red and wiped it off gently. I thought it turned out great. I even painted the old knobs. They were made of wood too so it was a pretty easy job. Ok, eventually I will get this blog thing figured out I should have posted the picture I wanted first, last and vice versa. You get the idea the bottom picture is the before, then the after, then in my little corner in the kitchen. Hope you like it!


Carey

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I've been at it less than a month myself, so I know how you feel. I have that same saltbox thats in your picture, I collect Pfaltzgraf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work on the spice cabinet!
    I'm still hoping to do some make-overs when I get some free time....hahahaha! Guess that won't happen for a bit now!
    Hugs, Karen
    http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete