Friday, August 19, 2011

Sunflowers, Smores and School

Hello, are you busy like me? Between back to school night, canning, and trying to get ready for my own classes my life is crazy.  I am trying to find a balance and get back into a good routine but it's difficult.

To start with I thought I would show you the cutest kids to go back to school this year :)  I can't believe they are so big.




Next what's better than an after school treat.  I made these the other day because it was National S mores Day.  Did you every hear of this?? Anyway, it's very simple to make, I adapted it from Sophisto Mom.

Magic S mores Bars

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
10 ounces of 18 graham crackers
1 1/2 sticks of butter melted 
a pinch of salt
1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used the mini ghiradelli)
2 cups miniature marshmellows


Process graham crackers and melted butter and salt together.  Press into a 13 x 9 pan.  Bake for about five minutes.  Then add your chocolate chips.  Drizzle your milk over the top and then add your marshmellow.


Bake for about 20 more minutes until the chips are melted and marshmallows are golden brown.  Let cool or put in freezer for faster results.  Enjoy!



Some ideas I had after I made it might be to try it with a cookie base.  I just felt it needed more of a base either more grahams or maybe a sugar cookie.  I would use the regular chocolate chips too, not the mini. Of course if you really wanted to have fun and you had no allergies pecans would be great too.

Here's the Sunflower pics I promised too.



My old window frame
sunflower garland
milk bottles
little brown twig lights


galvanized buckets came out again with the burlap ribbon






These crow dolls are sentimental to me, my mom made them for me.  I've lost the Mrs. hat, and it's probably in different tote!



my entryway table


 

front door


entertainment center, I added a linen that my mother in law found in her basement.  :)
kept some of my blue bar jars and insulators.

Hope you are enjoying this time of the year and it seems many of you are looking forward to cooler Fall weather!

Blessings to you,

Carey




 
















4 comments:

  1. Carey,
    Seems your chldren have differences of opinion concerning posing for that first day of school photo! I adore their faces!
    Your sunflower decor throughout your home warms my heart! Thank you for sharing!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay cute everything. Kids, mantle and desert. Love all your sunflowers and crows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflowers and s'mores.. two of my favorites! I can see how much your kiddo's have grown Carey. It happens so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your crows and sunflowers! I guess I am transitioning out of primitive because I am painting my bed - I had painted it black and got tired of the dark color.. will post pics once I get moved and everything more or less situated. Thank you for following and posting comments :)

    ReplyDelete