Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thrift Store Finds




After getting to prim shop Thursday I decided to check out the thrift store in Sparta to see if I can be as lucky as some of you ladies. A store on the main street was having a mother's day sale, 50% off. Score! So I picked up these things I thought I could makeover. I love the little mustard creamer already so I will probably just tuck this in somewhere. I like the little berry and basket picture too. I think the red around it is just too much so I plan on painting it a dark brown or black to make the colors in the picture stand out. I got all this for $2.25!



I think I will paint this and add a flicker candle and maybe some sweet annie.

I will repaint this and antique it a bit.

Hopefully, I can get this done this weekend and post some pictures by next week. We'll see how much I actually get done.

Have a great weekend!

Carey

6 comments:

  1. Love that basket picture!! I can never find a candleholder like that, wish I could! You got some great finds!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things you found are in all the thrift stores but mine!
    I see so many girls with these items and they re-make so beautifully.
    Can't wait to see yours!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds... can't wait to see how you finish them up!! Happy Mother's Day!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some wonderful goodies at the thrift store!! I have a smaller candle holder like your that I got at our TS. Love the picture...wish ours got stuff like that it. Can't wait to see the redos.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the TS jackpot!
    My fave is the mustard creamer too! One because it is mustard, my fave of colors...and Two, because it is a creamer, and I am having an obsession for those right now!
    Can not wait to see what you come up with on your makeovers!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet there is maybe 5 or so of us that have that exact same candle holder and we all got them at our local thrift stores. I took the handle off of mine and took out the pilar candle holder. I repainted the holder and put a fat spiced candle in it and then some berries and stars. I love the way it turned out. Can't wait to see what you do with yours.
    Blessings,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete