Thursday, June 3, 2010

National Road West Garage Sale!

Hello friends! I don't know about you but one of the things I look forward to the most this time of year is a great tag, yard or garage sale.  I usually don't find anything primitive or antique although I am surprised once in awhile.  I love the thrill of the hunt!  I told my husband it's like I'm tapping into that early ancestor when I'm gathering...LOL!

Around central IN we have a garage sale that is along the old national road west highway 40 where residents can set out there junk/stuff to sell it.  Here's my haul and I still have the weekend left!



lot # 1 is dessert cups 12 @ 10 cent each
Considering I just dumped and broke my set of 6 this made me very happy!



white pyrex bowl, white vase, old colander, pyrex snowflake casserole dish

I paid 2$ for the black one, $1 for the white one and the rest were only 25 cents.



Harry and David dippers $1 for set of 4



old print type drawer $4

I plan on using this in my scrapbook room somehow.

My favorite find!



An old ironing board, it's all wood even the legs! 
Can't you just see this in my new laundry room with an old basket w/quilt inside, clothespins, vintage tin of soap?? Whoo Hoo!

See you soon!
Carey

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You made out like a bandit! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some goodies! At great prices, I
    would say!
    Check out all the stuff I got over the
    last two weekends, on my blog! I have to
    quit for awhile, I have too much stuff!
    Have fun treasure hunting!
    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Love, love the ironing board. So many cute things to do with that. Happy hunting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoooooHoooo Carey....when does the van leave so we can all jump in and head out with you...oh this sounds like fun.

    LOVE THE DESSERT DISHES....and the way you like to cook/bake you will have them filled with goodies in no time and I'm sure WE'LL SEE PHOTOS OF THE TREATS IN THEM...I hope.

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bunch of goodies! I want to go yard saling!

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.. you found some great treasures. I think the "hunt" is almost as fun as the find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds..I have one of those ironing boards and my husband moved the hook underneath and we use it as a coffee table..It will look nice in your laundry room..Please post photos on how you use your fabulous finds..Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know there was a black snowflake dish!?!? I have the turquoise and white one.

    ReplyDelete