Friday, September 28, 2012

Banana Nut Bread

What says FaLL more than something baking in the oven?  I had some bananas on my counter begging to be used the other day.  I took out Taste of Home baking to see what recipe I could try. 



Banana Nut Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
 (2 medium)
2 Tbsp. 2% milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup of pecans, chopped
adapted from Taste of Home Baking

* I substituted 1% milk instead and used walnuts because I like them better :)

Cream butter and sugar together and add your other wet ingredients.  Stir dry ingredients together and add gradually to the wet ingredients.  Fold in your nuts.

Pour into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.  Bake @ 325 degrees for 65-75 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 10 min. and remove from pan to cool on rack.  *You do need to back this the full time. 

My family and I really enjoyed this bread.  I'm not sure if it's my favorite, I think I would have added a little something to the batter.  It is still a very good quick bread.  Happy Baking!



3 comments:

  1. I love banana bread. The recipe I use is the exact same. (I use whatever milk we happen to have on hand.) My kids like it too, but are always put off a little by the dark banana bits. Not me, I LOVE, LOVE it. ;O)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana nut bread. This looks so good right about now!

    Have a great weekend, Carey!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We've recently launched the site RecipesUS.com, where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from American food sites and blogs. We noticed that you have a lot of delicious recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you have a look at our site: http://www.recipesus.com/.

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on RecipesUS.com, all you have to do is follow these instructions: http://www.recipesus.com/add-your-food-blog.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Kind regards,
    Senka
    www.recipesus.com

    ReplyDelete