Monday, June 25, 2012

Strawberry Cake


For Father's Day we enjoyed this delicious cake.  It wasn't too difficult to make.  I just love Pioneer Woman's new cookbook.  I'm slowly making my way through it.  My only complaint...I'm trying to lose weight so it's not exactly diet friendly.  I just have to remember moderation, and portion control is the key.
Strawberry Shortcake
Here are the simple steps:


Cream the butter and sugar together


Add your eggs one at a time


Add your dry ingredients


Let the strawberries take a little sugar bath on the counter :)




It was so yummy!

I hope you're enjoying your summer.  It's very dry here.  We need rain.  Our garden is growing despite this weather.  I'm wondering how everyone else is doing? Did you plant a garden? What did you plant?

Blessings,
Carey

P.S. Thanks for all the wonderful comments you left on my blog.  I felt the bloggy luv! :)

4 comments:

  1. Carey,
    Oh, dear friend, I do know how you feel about all the "sweet" and calorie ladden recipes out there! Seems they are always the best tasting and the easiest to make!!! HOWEVER...this cake looks lushious!!!I'm so enjoying your blog...each and every post! We have a flower and an herb garden. Next year shows promise for a raised bed and homegrown vegetables, once again! If rain comes your way...send it on over here to the Prairie...I'll do the same!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks sooo good! I love strawberries and I love cake so I might just have to make this sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum... that cake looks great!

    Since we live in the same general area I feel your pain on the dry weather. It feels like all I do is water plants and the garden. Everything in the garden is doing quite well. Praying we get rain soon!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about an old fashion cake like strawberry shortcake. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete