Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Mantels...Open House

Hello, it's the season for joy, hope and love.  I love Christmas for many reasons, first and foremost to celebrate our Savior's birth.  I think it's important to prepare for his arrival and one way to do this is by getting our homes ready.  If you're visiting me, welcome and I hope you come back and become a new follower.  Decorating is a passion of mine.  I also enjoy baking. 


my family room



For this red/white look I used my red graniteware coffee pot and small pail then added the round crochetd table cloth.  The snowflakes I got at Lowe's on clearance.  The little ornaments were from hobby lobby last year.  I also used my old garage window frame and a Bethany Lowe wreath I bought at a shop in Southern, IN. The glittery pinecone was a find at Warm Glow candles.








My husband has bought me a Santa every year and I have quite a collection.  But I also have a few nativities.  This one is from my childhood.  All the pieces fit inside like a puzzle. 


my entryway


I'll be sharing more soon of my home.

Blessings to your family,

Carey

3 comments:

  1. Your mantle is beautiful. The full shot of your living room is so pretty. How wonderful that your husband has gotten you a Santa every year, you have quite a collection. Would love to see a post of them close up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of it Carey!
    Your home is lovely and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carey,
    Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog...and for the prayers.

    I love the way you use White...it's so fairyland looking yet stunning.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete