So here's what we been doing in the mudroom, you might remember from an earlier post that our laundry/mudroom didn't function well together. So a few weeks ago my hubby finished the laundry room. This left a large hole in my mudroom, two of them to be exact. Next, we want to create some built in shelves/cubbies for our coats etc. I've been looking at several blogs and this website for inspiration. He is full of good ideas. In the meantime, we still have another whole month or so of school left so it has to function. I found 4 hooks at Meijer on sale for about $2 each and I spray painted them black. Then I plan on sewing up a little skirt to cover up my sink a little more. I saw some crates stacked up and thought I would use mine for the kids to put back packs and shoes in. I tried to make it look cute with the new soap from Bath and Body Works and ball jar with flowers. Whola!!
Someday it will hopefully look a little more like these built-ins.
photo from Sawdust City LLC
My daughter had her play also on Friday night. It was The Emperor's New Clothes and she was the Blacksmith. She has been working on it for months. She did it a fabulous job. The cast did too. It was funny! I'm so proud of her.