Saturday, May 22, 2010

Apple Dumplins'

Good morning friends!  It's been awhile since I shared a new recipe with ya so here it goes!  I got the new Trisha Yearwood Cookbook a few weeks ago and I've been working my way through it.  I like the simplicity of her recipes.  This one was pretty good.    Check out more yummy things with Colleen!




Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith apples
1 cup water
1 cup sugar *divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
8 canned biscuits (buttermilk)
4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Peel, core and slice apples vertically into 8 slices each.  Cover with water to keep them from getting brown.  * I had to chop mine a little more than this.

In a medium saucepan, mix the water, 3/4 cup sugar, butter and vanilla over heat and bring mixture to a boil.  *I added vanilla after the boil.

Separate each biscuit into 2 layer.  Wrap a biscuit layer around a slice of apple, stretching it to slightly overlap and seal the bottom.  *mine weren't perfect and it turned out ok.  Place the wrapped slices sealed side down in a 9 X 12 X 2 inch casserole dish.  Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices.  Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the wrapped apples.  Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.   Serves 8

It was delicious and my family ate it right up!

Have a great weekend, I'll be back with some sneak peeks of my new craft room.

Carey



4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I'm gonna give this one a try since I've got some Granny Smith's I need to use up. Hope you have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth. Watering....mmmm.. I bet that tastes so gooooood!
    I was looking at her cookbook the other day at Sam's Club. I kinda wish I had bought it. I was in a hurry. I think I'll go back for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks, this one sounds like something my little guy(12)can make. He's been learning to cook and making dinner a few times a month...and anything pie related sounds great to me!
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YUM! Nice to have a quick recipe for those,I love them.Thanks for sharing!~~Becky

    ReplyDelete