Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas, Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

Good afternoon bloggers!  I hope the season brings you peace, joy and happiness!  I have tried to make an effort to slow down and reflect on the real meaning of the season.  Last weekend we went to a Live Nativity, it was just wonderful.  If you ever get a chance you should try and attend one.  It was a cold night but we were able to stay fairly warm in the barn with the heaters something I know wasn't there for little baby Jesus.  The kids got to hold a baby lamb.   During the reading the little sheep kept baaing, and bleating so cute.  They also had camels too.  We had Christmas early with my family.  Over Christmas we will spend time with my in-laws and just the four of us.  I look forward to relaxing with the family without worrying about school, work and practices.





This week I baked up some Cinnamon Biscotti, Oatmeal cookies and made Peanut Butter Fudge.  My mom used to make the best fudge.  She always used the chunky peanut butter.  I do like the texture better.  I used creamy because it's what I had.    I googled some tips and that really helped. 

One of favorites is Grasshoppers I make this every year with the kids. 





Here's the recipe I used for the fudge.

Peanut Butter Fudge

3 cups sugar
3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
3/4 cup peanut butter

Mix everything together except the peanut butter and cook to soft ball stage.  Take from heat and cool a bit before adding peanut butter.  Beat in peanut butter thoroughly and pour into greased pan.  Let cool and cut into squares. 

Tips:  Heat to 235-240 degrees, use a candy thermometer.  When heating you can stir together the ingredients but after the mixture begins to boil take out spoon and leave it alone.  Then watch it carefully take it off heat when it reaches correct temperature.  Let it cool to about 110 degrees.  My mixture started to set up almost upon stirring so don't wait too long. 

How are you doing with your gifts this year?  Are you done shopping and wrapping?  I got a few presents early yesterday.  You may want to get one for yourself if you like old recipes and Vintage decorating.  I was so excited.  If you haven't checked out her blog Southern Plate you should she's a wonderful blogger and down home southern cook.  Move over Paula Deen....here comes Christy Jordan.  Also, I have the first Farm Chicks book so I knew when I saw this one I would love it too.   I'm sure I'll be sharing more about these books after I've had time to pour over them some more. 



Merry Christmas! Many blessings to you and your family,

Carey

4 comments:

  1. I tried to find a live nativity this year. There wasn't one close enough, but we plan to make the trip when Megan is older.

    Wising you and your family a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear ol' blog friend...Merry Christmas my dear! Your home looks beautiful...many blessings to you thank you for swingin' by i was very excited to hear from ya...huggs Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carey I hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did see a live Nativity last weekend, with lights & music.
    Merry Christmas Carey!!

    ReplyDelete