Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter Wonderland in the Media Room

Good evening, I appreciate all of you stopping by at such a busy time of year.  I think it's so important to remember purpose the real reason for season.  Jesus...that little baby that was born in a stable on a crisp December night.  Think of all the things that went through Mary's mind as she prepared a place for him.  I also think Joseph played such an important role and often gets overlooked in the Christmas story.  What would have happened?  He truly embodied the love of God as he took care of Mary.  May you remember all the joy that unfolds during this time of the year and share it with those around you.

Here's a few shots of my basement, this has been pretty bare so I haven't really shown you any pictures of it until now.  This is where we just put our new flat screen TV, our very first one and it is also home eventually to my husband's hobby room, storage, and scrapbook room for me someday.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  We watched Up on Blu-ray and it was really neat!  The couch is a spruce color, have I mentioned I'm not a green person.  LOL!  However, it was very comfy with the recliners and cupholder in the middle.  I don't do black leather and the only other choice was taupe or beige.  After looking at the colors of the carpet and walls I really wanted some color down here.  We ordered two of them and only one was in stock, my dh is going to build a raised box so we can have a real home theatre in the media room.  We're going to put the 2nd one behind the first one so everyone has a great seat.  Cool huh?






The fireplace mantel down here has a frosty inspiration.  I used my old window frame and hung a few silvery snowflakes, some greens with a light dusting of snow and little pinecones to complete the look.  I love the garland so much I went back for two! Frosty and a few snowballs in a vintage looking bucket set the theme.






notice the garland




Here's the wintery themed tree with sparkly ribbon, silver flakes and sparkly mica flaked candy canes and ornaments.  Try and pretend you don't see those cords.




This was an old grapevine wreath that I added some glazed vine and white snowflake to for my theme.




This grapevine garland is hard to see but it's glazed with a layer of shimmer, so neat!



This is our little cabinet that holds our cd collection


 my pie safe with village that holds movies



my small buffet greets you as you go downstairs



my little graniteware bowl with fresh snowballs



the new spruce couch, I plan on buying a new throw blanket to keep us warm and accent pillows in a cranberry red color.  Sorry about the flash but the lighting down here isn't so great without it.

Blessings to you and your family,
Carey

7 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. I usually pull out my "frostys" right after Christmas so I can keep them up through the winter months. I like the idea of placing the second couch on a riser. Great for movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness ... look at all of that SPACE! What a great room for the family to enjoy ... especially all decked out for Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space-it looks very cozy for the Christmas season...
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! It is always nice to meet a new friend who likes creamer like I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fun room for family activities. It's nice to have all of that room. Cute decorations.

    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful space you've created there! I love the apothecary chest too... I've always wanted one of those!

    Great job on the wreath and all the other festive decorations -- I think we should go shopping together!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful space to relax and watch all those great movies...great idea to raise the 2nd sofa.
    Your decorating is sooooo cute. I love the window on the mantle.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete